This is an EXPERIMENTAL live data feed from our outdoor & indoor "pancake" Geiger Counters . (see details, other important disclaimers, and information below)
NOTE: The page may be slow to load AFTER the initial commercial has played;
sometimes it may take a full minute of "black screen" or "rainbow OFFLINE" before the live radiation monitor will display on the screen below.
OUTDOOR Radiation INDOOR Radiation
As of 4/6/13:
- The graphs display up to 24 hours of CPM (counts per minute) data based on minute by minute counts.
- The "speedometers" display the current airborne alpha, beta and gamma radiation based on a 30 second moving average.
- The detectors are located west of the Missouri River / Saint Louis airport at a height of approximately 10 feet above ground level.
- The short term average reading of the outdoor Geiger is 40 counts per minute
- The short term average reading of the indoor Geiger is 32 counts per minute.
- Previous testing indicates that both Geigers provide similar readings when under similar conditions.
- The Outdoor unit is located under an eve and has the "pancake" pointed downward
- The Indoor unit is located in the center of our home above an HVAC air intake, (pancake pointed down)
- As may be required, real time, short term updates MAY be found at the "CHAT" link contained in the video feed .
The data presented may be inaccurate.
Until further notice, data should be considered as presented for educational purposes only.